Migration and consolidation projects in the IT field face individual technical challenges to each infrastructure. Internal IT projects can be executed following well-established organizational processes and requirements.
Projects related to M&A programs face additional and very unique requirements and constraints. These constraints tend to be agile and require work outside of the well-established processes valid for internal projects. Especially the constraints provided by the M&A process itself might require immediate adjustments or major changes.
Our real-world experiences from global M&A IT consolidations can help you to lead your M&A program to success. Whether it is an internal infrastructure consolidation handling get-well activities in preparation for a takeover or merging global IT landscapes in the context of a corporate takeover, our professional program team will assist you from establishing the technical design to project planning, execution, and monitoring.
Some of our experiences have been summarized in a PowerPoint slide deck. The scenario shows
- Internal consolidation of a global IT infrastructure
- Active Directory landscape, which included more than 20 Active Directory domains and more than 7,000 accounts
- Exchange landscape which included more than five different Exchange organizations (partially hosted by an external provider) in preparation for an Office 365 Migration
- Merging of two global IT infrastructures as part of a global M&A program
- Migration of all user accounts to a new single Active Directory domain
- Migration of more than 13,000 Exchange mailboxes to Office 365
- Launch of a new single email Domain across seven Exchange organizations
- Migration of regional file server data to central data centers
- The rollout of network infrastructure to each acquired regional Office, including new VPN Solutions
- The rollout of new client hardware for all employees in the acquired enterprise
- The rollout of a global data backup solution, including cloud storage
- Consolidation of regional service desks into a single global service desk team
The following pictures demonstrate the situation pre-merger:
We are keen to share our experiences to help you succeed in your migration activities. Ask for a workshop today: email@example.com