When using this PowerShell script you can update the guest user’s thumbnail photo to a photo that aligns with your company’s corporate identity and compliance guidelines, and you do not have to rely on the Azure AD default photo.
- This script sets the AzureADThumbnailPhoto for guest users to a photo provided as JPG or PNG file.
- The photo file can be up to 100KB in size. This is currently not checked in the script.
- You can either update a single guest user or all guest users.
- When updating the user photo can choose to set the photo forcibly or only if there is no photo set.
- The changes are written to a log file. The log file functions are part of the GlobalFunctions module.
# EXAMPLE # Set the photo ExternalUser.png for all guest users if no photo exists .\Set-GuestUserPhoto.ps1 -FilePath D:\Photos\ExternalUser.png -GuestUsersToSelect All -UpdateMode SetIfNoPhotoExists # EXAMPLE # Set the photo ExternalUser.png for guest user JohnDoe@varunagroup.de if no photo exists .\Set-GuestUserPhoto.ps1 -FilePath D:\Photos\ExternalUser.png -GuestUsersToSelect Single -UserPrincipalName JohnDoe@varunagroup.de
- 1.0, Initial community release
- Download and follow at Github: https://github.com/Apoc70/Set-GuestUserPhoto