The Category List Manager is a C# Visual Studio Solution that allows you to connect to a source mailbox that is either hosted on an on-premises Exchange Server or in Exchange Online using Exchange Web Services (EWS).
You can use AutoDiscover or a static Url to connect to the Exchange Server or Office 365. By default, the solution uses the credentials of the user executing the program. These credentials are referred to as default credentials. You can use the Settings form to set dedicated credentials of a user with appropriate access rights to the mailbox(es).
The program helps you to
- Export the master category list from a mailbox to an XML file
- Import a master category list XML file into a mailbox
- Copy a master category list from a source mailbox to a target mailbox
The supported target mailbox types are:
- User Mailbox
- Shared Mailbox
- Microsoft Teams Mailbox
The GUI comes with an easy-to-use UI. The executable works as a command-line tool as well and can be used for automation purposes.
Use CategoryManager.exe -help to get the most recent command line help information.
Watch the presentation held at the Exchange User Group Berlin Meetup on May 31st 2018.
- 1.0, Initial community release
- Download and follow at Github: https://github.com/Apoc70/MailboxCategoryListManager
Additional credits go to Henning Krause.