Troubleshooting Outlook connectivity issues with Office 365 is tricky. Administrators can use two valuable tools Microsoft provides to identify and even fix client-related connectivity issues.
1. Outlook Account Test Page
Start with the Outlook account problems test page in the Office 365 portal. You need to log on as the Office 365 user is having issues.
The site tests for the following:
- You cannot create an Outlook profile, or you are asked for your password repeatedly when creating one.
- You cannot connect to your mailbox or receive an error that a mailbox cannot be found.
- You get invalid license errors or messages that Office cannot verify the license.
If no issues are identified after you’ve logged on to Office 365, move to the next step.
2. Support and Recovery Assistant
The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SARA) for Office 365 is a click-to-run tool installed and executed locally.
These two tools fix most Outlook connectivity issues you face as an Office 365 administrator.
- Outlook Account Test Page, https://portal.office.com/support/help.aspx?sid=sara
- Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant, https://diagnostics.office.com
Enjoy Office 365