Troubleshooting Outlook connectivity issues with Office 365 is tricky. Administrators can use two valuable tools provided by Microsoft to identify and even fix client related connectivity issues.
1. Outlook Account Test Page
Start with the Outlook account problems test page in the Office 365 portal. You need to log on as the Office 365 user having issues.
The site tests for the following:
- You cannot create an Outlook profile or you are asked for your password repeatedly when creating one.
- You cannot connect to your mailbox or receive an error that a mailbox cannot be found.
- You are getting invalid license errors or messages that Office cannot verify the license.
If no issues are identified after you've logged on to Office 365, move to the next step.
2. Support and Recovery Assistant
The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SARA) for Office 365 is click to run tool that is installed and executed locally.
These two tools fix most of the Outlook connectivity issues you are facing as an Office 365 administrator.
- Outlook Account Test Page, https://portal.office.com/support/help.aspx?sid=sara
- Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant, https://diagnostics.office.com
Enjoy Office 365