The script gathers a lot of Exchange organizational configuration data for documentation purposes.
The data is stored in separate log files. The log files are stored in a separate subfolder located under the script directory.
An exisiting subfolder will be deleted automatically.
Optionally, the log files can automatically be zipped. The zipped archive can be sent by email as an attachment.
When the script runs, a progress bar informs about the current step being executed.
All files are stored in a dedicated subfolder (default name: ExchangeOrgInfo)
The hash table $infoSources defines the following
- Types of Exchange configuration data to be gathered
- Output type for each configuration data entity
- Optional paramaters for each configuration data entity
- Attribute name for object sorting within an entity
- The order of the data to be gathered (long running tasks are at the end)
# EXAMPLE 1# Gather all data using MYCOMPANY as a prefix .\Get-ExchangeOrganizationDetails.ps1 -Prefix MYCOMPANY# EXAMPLE 2# Gather all data using MYCOMPANY as a prefix and save all files as a compressed archive .\Get-ExchangeOrganizationDetails.ps1 -Prefix MYCOMPANY -Zip
- 1.0, Initial community release
- 1.1, Updated and some PowerShell hygiene
- Download and follow at Github: https://github.com/Apoc70/Get-ExchangeOrganizationDetails
- Download and like at TechNet Gallery: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Gather-Exchange-configurati-24dbf8d0