WIth Exchange Server 2013 CU11 and Exchange 2016 CU1 the Exchange Product Group introduced a new feature named Mailbox Anchoring.
The workaround provided by Veritas in KB article 107463 recommends to set a new registry key for the NetBackup process responsible for running PowerShell queries.
There is no guarantee that this workaround will fix your backup issuesd with Exchange Server 2013 CU11 or Exchange Server 2016 CU1. It seems that the only workaround is by creating a new service account for NetBackup service due to rights assignments being removed during Exchange Server CU setup.
- Create a new NetBackup service account in Active Directory (see Exchange 2013 DAG and NetBackup Restore Error 5)
- Add the new NetBackup service account as a member of
- Exchange Organization Administrators domain security group
- Administrators security group on each Exchange mailbox servers
- Configure the following NetBackup service to use the new NetBackup service account on each Exchange mailbox server:
- NetBackup Client Service
- NetBackup Legacy Client Service
- NetBackup Legacy Network Service
Enjoy classic backup with Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2016.
- Exchange Management Shell and Mailbox Anchoring
- Veritas KB 107463: After upgrading Exchange 2013 to Cumulative Update 11 (CU11) or Exchange 2016 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1), Exchange backup may fail with either status code 69 or 130
- Creating a minimal NetBackup account for Exchange operations (Exchange 2010 and 2013)
- NetBackup 7.0 – 7.6.x Database Agent Compatibility List